Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Things that should not transpire in a phone call about Rehearsal Dinner:
1) No one parents should be labeled "cheap" for not being able to afford another person's vision.
2) No one should attack the groom to be b/c they are mad at his parents.
3) No one should forget that the groom to be, when taken out for his birthday by his future in-laws, offered to pay and then thanked the future in-laws copiously.
4) Some people should stop bringing up the bride's weight every fucking minute to avoid driving her to self loathing and impossible expectations.
5) No one should have to explain that "can't afford it" means "doesn't make money like you do"
6) No one should then recite a litany of instances when the future in laws paid for the future son-in-law (five over three years) and then be told he isn't grateful and acts like "it's just expected"
7) No one should call their mom a fucking asshole three times and then hang up.
8) No one should feel this miserable about getting married so maybe it's understandable that someone called someone else and told them that they don't want their help if it's going to be like this.
Ready to elope.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
We bought a Honda Fit, which seems right as far as nomenclature goes, and wierdly enough everyone who sees it keeps saying, "That seems sooo you and Jeff!!!". I don't know what that means but I'll take it and we've named him Carlos. So, Hola Carlos! Como esta? Muy bien? Me too!
Yikes! We have a car paymet now! What next babies?
That reminds me, I had a dream a afew nights ago that I was hanging out with Sara's family, and her Dad was talking nonsense about wrenches, but I'm pretty sure that Sara went into labor the night I dreamed this b/c we have that wierd distant frined/psychic thing going on. I miss her and I lvoe her, and I want all the (gory) details.
Oh yeah, we went bowling with Marco and Tanya anf Paul and Jen and even Jenny showed up for a minute. We had the best time and I broke my high score of 47 (!) to reach the apex of 91. Oh, and I danced like a mad-woman to Lupe Fiasco and 50 "fitty"cent and Jen said I had some good moves. I'm just warming up to my 30th B-day party in D.C. Pics to follow.