Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The new "Cowbell"


So Jeff and I were watching TV last night and we saw a commercial for the new exhibit at the Natural Science Museum of Raleigh "Hunters of the Sky" that was pathetic and low budget and typical of Raleigh resources for things like that and at the end there was this bad still montage of a Bald Eagle that progressed frame by frame along with the sound that eagles make, you know, that cry sound that is not exactly a caw and really hard to reproduce unless you are 1) an eagle 2) wierdly gifted. I laughed at it and he looked at me strangely, and asked me why I was laughing. I admitted to him that secretly, whenever I hear that noise it makes me think of when someone tells a bad joke or there is an akward silence, that should be the sound that fills the void. You know, like,your at a party and some obnoxious guy is trying WAY too hard to be that guy, the funny guy at the party, and he says something stupid and common like, "Come through the back door? That's what she said!" Cawwhhahh. For whatever reason it made us laugh really hard the rest of the night. He told a guy at work today and it's already started catching on. It's the new cowbell, except that instead of being a demand for "rocking out" it's a plaint for "JESUS, THAT WAS SO LAME THE ONLY SOUND WE CAN HEAR IS AN EAGLE, CRYING FOR MERCY. AND QUIET".
Welcome to my world.

No comments: